Patio and Aco drain location?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20200614_194524.jpg
Hi All

I am after some clarification for Aco drain location. I have attached two pictures to show the Bifold doors which will have a sandstone pation with a fall toward a retaining wall.
The sides of the patio will be flanked by the side of the garage and then another small garden wall.
Originally I was planning on drains at the sides of the small walll and garage and then finally one at the bottom fall where the large retaining wall is. I dont think there is any need for one under the bifold if the fall is OK?
Is this overkill? Do I just need the one drain at the bottom?

The area is about 35m2 soakaway is connected at one end of retaining wall at bottom.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200614_194606.jpg
    20200614_194606.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
I am just thinking is it a better job to put aco drain on all sides of the patio and cememnt /tuck them in to the sides with the sandstone?
If I did this would I set the aco drain in when I do the wall foundation which I was going to have finish just before finish floor level and then brick up from here? I don't want to put the footing in and then have to cut a channel for the drain after!
Thanks

Last edited:
No-one any ideas ?I was going put an order in tomorrow and add aco drain in. Just trying to work out how many metres so that would depend on the sides I did?

I don't really understand, maybe a sketch with some arrows would help. But surely the falls you lay the patio to will determine exactly where the channels need to be. Have a look on "paving expert.com"

Sponsored Links
I don't really understand, maybe a sketch with some arrows would help. But surely the falls you lay the patio to will determine exactly where the channels need to be. Have a look on "paving expert.com"
Fair enough!

I was looking at this thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/new-patio-where-to-lay-aco-drainage-channel.543724/ that is similar but the advice here looks like a single lenght of aco at the bottom of the garden. I was wondering if this will be sufficient for me or if because of the garage being down one side I should run an aco drain there also?

I just wanted a second opinion on just having the one drain at the bottom of the patio.
link to image from other thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/attachments/patio-drainage-plan-jpg.190225/
patio-drainage-plan-jpg.190225

I’d just have it at the bottom.

I think you would have one at the top if you were having the inside and outside levels the same/similar.

I’d just have it at the bottom.

I think you would have one at the top if you were having the inside and outside levels the same/similar.
cheers. Yes I have been through the whole pro's /cons of inside /outside leve process and decided against it. I am OK with the step!
I will just do the one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back