Advice on hairline cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

will attach a couple of pics for advice. House is mid 80’s semi detached.
Being on furlough, ie at home constantly! I’ve noticed some hairline cracks at ceiling level, and also in the lounge and hallway where coving was fitted within last 10 years (I’ve been at the property just over 5 years), this has gained a gap from the wall.
The grey wall pic is The lounge front corner party wall, the green wall is the kitchen external wall corner.

No visible issues externally to brickwork or mortar.

Would anyone advise anything other than poss raking, flexible filler and monitor?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CBCB64F5-A2C8-4ABA-B814-BE47B99F0800.jpeg
    CBCB64F5-A2C8-4ABA-B814-BE47B99F0800.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 285
  • EDD115C8-1DEF-4BA4-B8EB-CB714A77EC5B.jpeg
    EDD115C8-1DEF-4BA4-B8EB-CB714A77EC5B.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 261
Sponsored Links
WestmidsDIY, good evening.

Perfectly normal cracking or shrinkage happens over time and assisted by thermal and moisture movement.

Ceiling cracking, consider fixing a cove?

The cracking of [what looks like] the coving adhesive / plaster filler, use a decorators caulk and re-paint.

Ken.

Good evening and thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was something similar to what you’ve mentioned.

I have both caulk and the decorators filler in a tub in the garage so will carry out the repairs whilst still off work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back