Advice on replacement shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have been running a Techflow TP60 1.8Bar shower pump for our main bathroom and this has worked fine for 10 years (so it has done great)

Unfortunately yesterday it decided to die.

I notice that Techflow are no longer around and have been bought out by a company called Stuart Turner.

I also noticed that they do a direct replacement for the Techflow TP60 called an Arley 44432 which is fine but the original TP60 was 1.8Bar and the replacement Arley is 1.5Bar.

I have read that they now measure Bar pressure differently and that it would be the same but my concern is that the TP60 was just about right for your shower and I am concerned that a 1.5Bar would not give the same pressure performance.

My other concern is that if I go for a 2.0Bar that it would be too powerful for the kids when taking a shower.

I would appreciate and advice and thank you all in advance for your time.

Sponsored Links
Firstly the way that pressure is measured has not changed! The units are still bar. ( with no capital ).

I would be very surprised if you would ever notice the difference between a 1.5 bar and a 1.8 bar pressure pump.

Stuart Turner are the makers of probably the best shower pumps. Although they have had to add some lesser quality pumps to offer a range of more competitively priced units as their brass bodied pumps are necessarily pretty expensive.

Tony

.... and on the flip side of that, 1.8bar up to 2 bar would not be too large a jump for the kids I wouldn't think.

Sponsored Links
FFS. Kids ain't made of glass!

Edit: this world we live in is becoming preposterous. :sick:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back