Shower Pump Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Techflow TP60 Dual Shower Pump (Positive) fitting in the loft above the shower.

It has worked faultlessly for 5 years until this weekend.

We had a plumber out on last Friday to fit a sink and to do this had to turn off the cold water and also drain the hot water tank.

I dont know if this is a coincidence but since then the following fault is occuring with the Shower Pump.

Under normal circumstances when we turn on the shower you can hear the pump start up in the loft and it starts pump water through the shower head, until we turn off the shower and then the pump automaticaly stops.

I got a shower Sat AM but noticed that when I turned off the shower the pump carried on running. (so the only option was to go into the loft and power it off from the wall socket).

I left it 10 mins hoping it would now be resolved but when turning the power back on to the pump it starts pumping again.

I would really appreciate any advice before I rush out and buy a new pump.

Many Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
We had a plumber out on last Friday to fit a sink and to do this had to turn off the cold water and also drain the hot water tank.

What to fit a sink :confused:

sounds like you poss have a flow reed switch sticking on.
Located in the bottom of the outlet flexi hoses of the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back