Advice on Storage Device to Hard Drive to Buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I’ve got a DELL Inspiron 1501 laptop, getting a bit old now but it works well so I don’t want to change it. My wife has acquired a camcorder and I need to buy something to download her photography onto. I was thinking of an external hard drive maybe?
I would appreciate some advice on what would be suitable. I don’t want anything with all the ‘bells and whistles’ just a straight forward plug and play (preferably via a 2USB socket) storage device. I want to spend something in the region of £40 to £60, if that’s sensible :?:
Thank you.
Wontstart. :D

Sponsored Links
If you have a DVD burner then burn the data to disc this should then be playable via a DVD player which can then be viewed on a TV, a little like having the image library to hand at any time or place.
You could also save the data to an external Hard Drive (USB compatible)
now as with anything man made they are not for ever (even HD's can fail, and DVD's can get scratched or even age can damage the date so why not do a belt and braces idea like I do)
I have external HD's and also burn to DVD the images that I want to keep as safe as possible

a external hard drive or simply upgrade the hard drive in the laptop.
An external one (like this) get USB3.0 for future proofing, USB is very slow tho, especially 2.0. eSATA would be best or probably the best a cheapest solution if you are confident in doing so would be to put a bigger hard drive in the laptop.

Sponsored Links
Back