Sony Memory Stick & Adaptor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a Sony 'Handycam' camcorder, which has its own hard drive together with the ability to run a memory stick. When I was advised by 'the shop' to buy the memory stick it also had an adaptor to allow insertion into a laptop for downloading movies. The problem is the adaptor doesn't seem to fit either of my laptops (HP & Dell - both current models).
Am I totally misunderstanding what the adaptor should do? I know I'm not a technical whizzo, but it beats me......the damn thing just doesnt fit in the 'slot' which is marked SD-MMC.
Any thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
What type of memory stick is it?
The Sony ones I have seen tend to be some sort of Duo type memory sticks. These need a Duo socket on your PC to plug into or a USB adaptor.

It's a 'Memory Stick PRO Duo'Magic Gate Mark2. 4GB.
I hope that helps? Thanks for your help!!

As mentioned you require an adaptor for the memory card [they are normally supplied with the card]sony has it's own card type and the adaptor merely make the small card long enough to be handled.
Then you need a multicard reader[a few £] to connect to your laptop, you laptop has a card slot for only a couple of the most common memory cards.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. I have ordered a multi card reader from a website named 'Memory Bits'.....it claims to be compatible with ALL memory cards.........we'll see!!

Back