advice on system draining please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i need to drain down my complete system to begin the hunt for blockages , is it a case of isolating the ball valve on the header tank and then attaching a hose pipe to the drain down point and cracking it open? do you need to open the air bleeds on the rads up stairs at all?

cheers

Stu :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You got the principle.
Make sure all the rad valves are open.
Wait with opening the bleeders on the rads until the flow from the hose starts to slow down, and begin with the highest rad.

How are you going to hunt for blockages after that?
Have you read the sections on flushing in FAQ?

I would never drain a system to hunt for blockages!

I am also wondering what you are going to do?

Possibly cut the pipe every three metres and puch a wire along?

Blockages are more likely at changes of directions which wires dont go round!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I thought you cut into the pipe, laid some bait and waited for a bite :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though don't forget to turn off the power to the system before draining or you'll bugger yer pump up ;)

I thought you cut into the pipe, laid some bait and waited for a bite :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Nah, your confusing hunting with fishing. :LOL:
Does remind me of one of the neighbour when I was a kid. He decided a chimneysweep was a waste of money, and stuck his 12-gauge up the chimney.:eek: Don't think mrs neighbour was impressed. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back