Advice on this K-rend Job...bit patchy.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking for some general thoughts on this K-Rend job. I'm just skilling up on my knowledge of K-Rend as a result of this.

Background is this is the side of a new garage, my builder is under pressure like most out there at the moment and did this 3m x 6m section in 24 hours. 2 coats of all coat then scraped about 24hrs later....seemed a bit quick.

My concern is that it looks quite patchy and there are 5/6 notable whiter patches in the render...these are about 8-10cm wide...like bird poo sized marks of slightly whiter k-rend (last photo, which is kinda hard to see but its v.noticable close up). Any thoughts?

Overall the top section isn't bad but as you can see from the photo the bottom section is quite patches...larger lighter and darker sections...its only 36hrs old so I guess it might still be drying out?

In general, could the bird poo marks and slightly larger patchy section be caused by poor scratching, temperature being too low (it did get to near 5 degrees overnight as I live in scotland) and it did rain just after 24 hours drying time...but not too heavy.

I know from the photos you cannot tell too much but does this look like a bad job. Neighbors properties are almost flawless but theirs were done 2 years ago in the summer.

Thanks in advance!

Pete.

Attachments

• Rend 1.jpg
    Rend 1.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 608
  • rend5.jpg
    rend5.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 795
  • rend3.jpg
    rend3.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 913
Sponsored Links
they’re low points in the top coat . because they’re low they’ve not been scratched and look lighter.
I wouldn’t entertain krend this time of year.
seen a whole lot worse.

they’re low points in the top coat . because they’re low they’ve not been scratched and look lighter.
I wouldn’t entertain krend this time of year.
seen a whole lot worse.
Thanks - Yep, we decided to wait til march to finish the front of your house. The area in question is looking a bit better over the last day....fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back