Advice on Tiling Job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I would really appreciate a sense check to see whether people think this is an acceptable job or whether I am just being picky. The tiling has just been completed, and I attach some pics of where I think the result is not acceptable. The key areas are:

The tiles are not flush
The cut around the bath is dreadful
The trim has been so badly cut in the corner that he has stuck an additional bit of trim next to it.
The grouting is not the same colour everywhere and looks non uniform.

The builder is blaming (i) the walls not being straight and (ii) the tiles being large which makes it very difficult to get them flush. Please note that the same builder has been in charge of a complete re-plaster of the room, so in my view it his responsibility to ensure it was ready for tiling. We purchased the tiles, but we were never told that large tiles would result in uneven tiling.

Having spent a lot of money on this, I am very reluctant to pay him the balance unless this is all resolved, but that will involve a likely re tiling job with a whole bunch of new tiles which is going to cost me a lot of money.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thank you
image1.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG
image1.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image5.JPG

Sponsored Links
Personally I think you've answered your own question, at the end of the day you've got to be happy with the job your paying for so you've every right to be picky.

As you said he should have got the plastering to a standard that he was happy to tile on, and to say the tiles are too big, that's why they're not flush, that's rediculous.

Around the sink looks awful on the pic you've posted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back