Advice on using Dulux Diamond Eggshell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'm trying to get a nice eggshell finish on some new doors and facings, doors are hardwood (louis style) and were pre-treated with white undercoat, facing (architraves?) are pine and were also pre-treated with white undercoat.

According to the tin, you only need one (max two) coats of the eggshell to get a good finish, I've finished my second coat and I'm thinking I need at least one more coat. The door itself came up not bad but the pine facings need at least another 2 coats I rekcon.

I've only done one door and doorway at the moment so was thinking to get a (cheaper?) undercoat to put on the rest of the woodwork rather than having to put 3 coats of this (expensive eggshell) on.

If more undercoat is the way to go does it matter whether its solvent or water based?

thanks for reading

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back