Advice please about low HW water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I live in a bungalow built in 1995. Refitted new Combi Boiler 2010. Works well (touch wood).

Just a couple of days ago hot water pressure suddenly dropped at kitchen sink. Hot water pressure still OK in bathroom.

Inspected kitchen hot water tap innards and clean as a whistle.

I live in a soft water area and do not experience problems with kettles and descaling issues.

Now, the boiler is due it's annual service but would not expect that to be a problem as the bathroom hw taps are fine.

So, 2 questions for you guys please:

1. Do you think servicing the boiler would help? I was told that the boiler service for a combi is minimal and only involves the "gas side".

2. I don't think servicing the boiler will sort out the problem with the kitchen hw tap. Any suggestions as to cause and remedy for this issue. I would get a plumber to do it (unless it's easy for an idiot like me)

Sponsored Links
Serivcing the boiler won;t change anythign if your bathroom tap is running fine.

Has anyone been working on the kitchen tap, or in the kitchen recently?
I'm thinking they may have switched off the kitchen water supply, and not turned it back on properly.
Maybe they hae limited the supply near the washing machine supply?

It's strange that one tap is working, but the other not. so I can only assume something is stopping the flow to the kitchen.

Either theres is something stuck in the pipe (very rarley) or someone has restricted the flow by turning down the washing machine supply.

Theres not really much more I can say without seeing it.

Sponsored Links
The flexis are usually restricted narrow bore.

They can easily get blocked.

Sometimes the rubber swells up and restricts the flow.

Remove them and inspect and try poking a thin wire along then in the opposite direction to the flow and see if anything is blocking them.

Probably will need to be replaced.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for the prompt contribution.

That sounds utterly reasonable.

I won't have a go myself as it's a little bit out of the way, so I will get a guy to sort it whilst he services my boiler.

Again, many thanks to all respondants. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back