Low water pressure in bathroom-Advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could help me, I’ve been living in my house for coming up to 2yrs now, I’ve never had any problems with the hot water or pluming here before, but recently the hot water pressure in the bathroom hot water tap & the power shower has become very low, the hot tap just drizzles water out and the shower is anything but a power shower at the mo, does anyone know how I can fix the problem??
The cold water runs fine on the other tap and in the kitchen hot & cold run fine too.
If it helps my bathroom is located down stairs in the house and runs off a separate system in the loft and the central heating boiler system is in a cupboard on the landing. The hot water pressure from the mixer taps in my kitchen are fine too.
Can anyone give me some advice as to what i should do??
Kind regards
C

Sponsored Links
thank you for your reply, im not sure of the name or make of the boiler or system, but i know that it doesnt run off the mains system.
Sorry hope this helps...?

Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could help me, I’ve been living in my house for coming up to 2yrs now, I’ve never had any problems with the hot water or pluming here before, but recently the hot water pressure in the bathroom hot water tap & the power shower has become very low, the hot tap just drizzles water out and the shower is anything but a power shower at the mo, does anyone know how I can fix the problem??
The cold water runs fine on the other tap and in the kitchen hot & cold run fine too.
If it helps my bathroom is located down stairs in the house and runs off a separate system and the hot water pressure from the mixer taps in my kitchen are fine too.
Can anyone give me some advice as to what i should do??
Kind regards
C

Does your power shower run from a seperate pump and does this pump also supply your hot taps?
If so, check that this pump is working when you turn on your hot tap.

Sponsored Links
:oops: Sorry i think that the boiler system is in a cupboard on the landing upstairs and the water for the bathrrom and kitchen runs from another system in the loft, sorry i havent got a clue as to how these things run.
Hope you can help me.

p.s ive just checked and it does not run off a separate pump.

Many thanks
C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back