Advice please Worcester 24cdi hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advise on my Worcester 24cdi combi boiler

Been months without hot water can't cope with it anymore lol

So my boiler works fine on the heating side all rads heat up lovely but hot water decided to stop working awhile back.

After looking on the forums I came to the conclusion that it was the diverted vale diaphragm

I replaced the diaphragm, eventually sorted all the leaks lol

The boiler now lights up when I turn the taps on but still no hot water!

I have also changed the hot water heat exchanger and the thermistor still no hot water!

Any advise/help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Does the hw light come on when the tap is on?
Check to see if the radiators are getting hot when the tap is on?
Could be something as simple as the flow rate is too fast.

Sponsored Links
Hw light comes on and burner ignites can see the flame, don't think the rads heat up when running the taps but il check.

I was thinking about changing the complete valve.

Engineers local to me didn't want to repair it only want to replace it but said it can't go where it is so gonna cost a fortune to have new boiler in new location! If boiler was knackard fair enough but heating works fine so if I can repair it fairly easily why not?

If the radiators are staying cold and the burner is staying lit try turning the flow rate down​

Hw light comes on and burner ignites can see the flame, don't think the rads heat up when running the taps but il check.

I was thinking about changing the complete valve.

Engineers local to me didn't want to repair it only want to replace it but said it can't go where it is so gonna cost a fortune to have new boiler in new location! If boiler was knackard fair enough but heating works fine so if I can repair it fairly easily why not?
ffs it can be repaired but you need to put your hands in your pocket thou ;). new boiler ffs's:rolleyes: get a repair engineer

I'm only telling you what 4 boiler engineers local to me and a British gas guy have told me I'm not against throwing a few hundred pounds to someone to fix it but they just ain't interested and I ent got a couple of thousand to buy a new boiler at the mo so hence why I'm asking for help and trying to do something myself if I can!

Just been running the HW tap rads stay cold, turnt the flow down and I got Luke warm water think I might try replacing the complete diverter valve?

After looking on the forums I came to the conclusion that it was the diverted vale diaphragm

As its a time consuming :censored:ing effort to exchange the diaphragm,the complete diverter valve is usually exchanged.you may have repaired one part of the diverter but the actual diverting action of the 3 way valve could be seized or sluggish and not sending the heated water in the correct direction.

Hw light comes on and burner ignites can see the flame, don't think the rads heat up when running the taps but il check
Yes when the burner ignites on hw demand it's usually on initial low fire and ramps up to full gas rate,you could be seeing it ignite on a low rate and the heated water is passing around the boiler on bypass as the diverter valve is not giving hw priority or its passing into the rad circuit.

The gas rate needs checking and the water flow needs to be correct.See your instruction book for how many litres per minute tap flow.

The diverter valve is a known wear fault but gas consumption will need to be checked,the cdi boiler was ok but needs expert repair,

Look up how to gas rate your boiler.
Do this when your running the hot tap and no other appliances running

that's what most posts say is the problem when you have no hot water but do have heating, I had mine off and replaced the diaphragm inside but as I'm an amateur there's always the possibility I did something wrong so if I change the complete unit with diaphragm already installed it eliminates that possibility a bit if that makes sense

No problem.
One warning though, sometimes you really have to be in front of the boiler to properly diagnose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back