Advice replacing shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton T80si which has started turning itself off after a few minutes. I'm assuming it's overheating and the thermal cut out is kicking in, most likely due to the elements being furred up.
I'm pretty sure I need to replace the unit but I can't find a unit I like that has the same angle water inlet.
My current setup has a rear entry into the unit with a 90 degree compression elbow that points up to the water inlet.

The showers I've been looking at all have a water inlet that points to the right.
I guess what I want to know is, if I were to slacken the nut on the compression joint that is recessed into the wall, could I rotate the elbow and retighten so that it mates up with the new inlet? It would be a bit of a mission as for some reason the guys who fitted the bathroom filled in the recess in the wall with silicone! Thanks
IMAG2105.jpg

Sponsored Links
if I were to slacken the nut on the compression joint that is recessed into the wall, could I rotate the elbow and retighten so that it mates up with the new inlet?

Yep, that would work if it lines up ok.

Great. I've already checked the distance from the wall and it's the same. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Decided I'd quite like to try and get the current shower working so I was wondering I might be able to get some advice on what could be broken.

For the past few weeks after a couple of minutes the flow out of the shower would become sporadic. Eventually it got to a point where it would shut itself off. This morning I was able to have a successful shower but I left it running (I only take about 4 mins in the shower) and after about 9 minutes the flow got really patchy until it became a dribble and then shut down. It would not start again immediately. After about 5 mins it was able to start again, but still had really weak flow and shut off after a few seconds. Now I can barely get any water out of it at all and it shuts off almost immediately.

Does this sound like a restriction in flow? I'm starting to think the inlet valve might be scaled up. Does this sound likely from the symptoms? The shower has been there since 2010. It doesn't have an inlet filter that I'm aware of. I'd much rather swap a couple of parts than go through the hassle of replacing the whole thing...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back