Advise for new alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone recommend an alarm system that a can be fitted buy a competent person? I have never fitted a house alarm but have allot of experience in electrics and engineering.
After doing a bit of research I'm thinking about a Texecom Premier Elite 64-W.

Does anyone have any other recommedations/tips?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
its dependant on what you want it to do and hardwired or wireless, guessing your looking at wireless.

define competent?

I am after an intruder alarm. 6 pir sensors.
Yes it would need to be wireless. Not that bothered about phone/smart tech.

Sponsored Links
allot of experience in electrics and engineering

Would that include radio frequency engineering ? There is a lot more to installing equipment that uses Licence Exempt radio frequencies for it's communications than just putting items in place.

All panels are easy if you know how?
Then again some companies have been offering pre configured units during lockdown, so it is a case of just getting the units on the wall so to speak and doing very little to actually get up and running.
There is also support for panels on here and by manufacturers, pyronix don't help end users whereas Texecom do to a limited degree, especially on there forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back