Advise needed on wiring a bedroom light?

DCM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am attempting to replace a spot light for a basic 1 bulb light in a bedroom. Upon removal of the light fitting i was expecting to see just one wire with a live/negative and earth.

However this was not the case and there was a type of junction box built into the light fitting which is fed by four seperate wires, at first i assumed this was because the spot light had three seperate bulbs but after some investigation this does not appear to be the case.

Only one wire is live.

The other three wires appear dead and it appears one is for the light switch in the bedroom i am trying to replace, one goes to the landing and one to the spare bedroom as these light are also now dead.

Could anyone please advise how i wire the one live wire up with the other three wires (which i assume go back to the three light switches in each room) so i can get the new light working and the other two back on also?

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorted then, assuming you made a careful note of which wire went where before removing them, or one of the black/blue conductors is marked with red/brown sleeving or tape to indicate that it's the switched live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back