Advise on replacement for Randall 3033 Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the length of this post but I am looking at replacing an ageing an increasingly noisy Randall 3033 programmer. It manages a fully umped H/W & C/H system with separate zone valves . And while there’s plenty of electronic replacement, there are very few electro-mechanical devices.

The reason for the electro-mechanical option is familiarity with the operation of the current one coupled with its simplicity in meeting our current needs. Our morning C/H ‘on times’ can vary from 5 am, to 6am, 7am or 8am and these can change from day to day. So at the moment we simply set the clock tappets the night before and all works well. From what I can see, none of the electronic ones appear to have this degree of flexibility without endless reprogramming.

I realise whichever option I go for will require some degree of re-wiring.

These are some of those I have managed to locate;

Siemens RWB2E - Cost £60. - Mixed reviews on reliability.
Horstmann 425 Tara – Cost £36. Generally gets good reviews.
Honeywell ST699 – Cost £90. – Fairly expensive mostly good reviews.
Randall 4033 – Cost £75. (Replacement only – No back plate). Can’t find any reviews.
Danfoss Set3m – Cost £60. Can’t find anything good or bad on this one.

Any expert’s views or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Benny.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back