Advise wanted re Spiral Stairs and Plaster Board curves!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My father and I are converting my house. We stated in March this year and are gradually getting there. We need some advise about the spiral stairs we are putting in.

Bascially we have cut the hole in the ceiling for the spiral to go. Thats fine the confusion starts when we start to think about how we are going to build the curved studdwork wall around the upstairs stairwell.

We are thinking about using 2 inch thick plywood to double up to make the base around the "n" hole and then put uprights every 200 to 300 mil around the edge to the roof. We are then considering using very thin plywood to build the curve of the wall. Then we will score plasterboard and wrap that around the curve.

Is the right way to do it!!

I would appreciate any advise!

Thanks in advance
DrBotchit!

Sponsored Links
you can also sprinkle water on the plasterboard and stack it the day before, it will bend easir when damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back