AEG 2100-4 Built-in single oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just a quick question about the AEG 2100-4 single oven.

I have ordered one off a web-site and cannot get details from anywhere (looked on AEG's site) for the power requirements. I have downloaded the manual and it states it needs a 45A fuse and 6mm cable.

I find this hard to believe for a single fan oven. The oven it is replacing is 2.2KW and on a dedicated 32A circuit with 2.5mm cable, so I am a little concerned about the power requirements for the new oven.

Can anyone out there advise? I was under the impression that single ovens did not need a 45A circuit, and that this was only needed when hot-plates are involved.

Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the manual would give the rating in watts or KW and you could tell from that. A fan oven OR grill element would typically be under 3KW so could be used with a 13 amp plug. If the AEG allows you to have the oven and grill on at the same time it could well use 5KW or more and would then need a bigger cable and fuse, although it is hard to see how it could need a 45A fuse, I would have said 40A max.

Thanks Fido - my thoughts too.

I downloaded the manual specifically to get the power rating - read the damn thing twice but cannot find any reference to the power. Guess I will just have to check on the appliance plate on the back when it arrives.

Looking at the controls it is not possible to put the grill and the oven on at the same time. I think they may well have copied the fuse rating info from their free standing or slot in cookers manuals - a bit of the old 'cut-n-paste'

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back