AEG integrated dishwasher flashing and beeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2 year old AEG dishwasher (Favorit 40010 VI) has started to play up. Sometimes at the end of a run it double beeps, I've checked for leaks and cleaned out the filters and run a cleaning cycle with a cleaning tablet but that hasn't helped. Also sometimes in the middle of a run the light on the floor flashes. With both these things, if you open the door then press the program button again and close the door again it completes the run and the dishes always come out clean... What's going on?!

Sponsored Links
PNC: 911935627

Its still happening intermittently!

I'd appreciate any thoughts you can give me.

Outside of the service program only 4 errors are shown to the end user. A repeating sequence of 2 bleeps accompanied by flashing of the "end" LED signal a drain time-out. If the filters are clear you need to check the drain hose & sink spigot for blockages/constrictions. If they are clear check the pump function & make sure there are no obstructions (piece of glass or similar jamming the impellor intermittently).
BTW the last two digits of the PNC number are missing; i.e.... /01 (or similar).

Sponsored Links
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. When they fitted the dishwasher I remember they had a real problem fitting it and I'm reluctant to pull it out in case I can't get it back in again. Can I check the pump without pulling it out? Although I can't properly check the hoses without pulling it out either (I've checked at the sink end and the drain hose looks fine). I'm guessing its not a kink somewhere or we would have had the problem ever since it was fitted.
Can you recommend someone to take a look at it? I live in the Cambridge area.

It is possible to access the pump via the front cover under the door (power off first). For easier access it is advisable to remove the door fascia. The pump is on the RH side of the sump. Be aware the sump should be drained as much as possible before removing the pump, but even so some water will still run into the base when it is taken off. If you don't feel confident enough to tackle this yourself please call qualified assistance. A quick google pulled up these companies in your area: http://www.cambridgeonline.co.uk/lo...ns/Domestic_Appliances_Servicing_and_Repairs/ I am not familiar with any of them so get quotes first. The final decision is yours. Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back