AEG dishwasher alarm - not in manual

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
AEG favorit 40010 inbuilt dishwasher.

it stops mid cycle with the light that points to the floor flashing 6 times in a row and repeating, there are also beeps that correspond at 6 in a row.

there are 3 LEDs on the door and the one that has a horizontal arrow pointing to a vertical line flashes 6 times in a row.

as far as i can tell the pipes out and in are not blocked.

anyone know what this alarm is? its not in the manual.

Sponsored Links
PNC 911935627/04

SN 94430897

PN 17220707

not sure what these numbers all are

Run diagnostics to check the error code.
Counting the buttons from left to right.....The on/off button is S0, first program button S1, second program button S2......so forth & so on.
Turn the machine off. Press & hold buttons S1 & S3. Whilst holding them in press the on button (S0). Keep holding down buttons S1 & S3 until the LED's on buttons S1, S2, & S3 start flashing. Release S1 & S3 then press S1 once (don't hold it down). The LED's on S2 & S3 should go dark, at the same time the last error code should be displayed by flashing of the end of cycle LED (the one with a horizontal arrow). Count the repeating series of flashes & post results here. To exit diagnostics turn the machine off at S0 & leave it off for 1min.

Sponsored Links
the on/off is on the right but the buttons were still left to right as you explained.

i get 6 flashes on the end of programme light, this repeats itself many times.

6 flashes = Heating timeout error. Which is a little strange because this fault shouldn't cause the program to halt mid-cycle. Normally the program would complete fully. But of course the water doesn't get hot so the dishes won't be clean. I suggest you cancel all the alarms in the Eeprom & run a wash program. To cancel all alarms enter diagnostics as above. When you get to the stage where the error code flashes press button S2 until all the lamps flash & the buzzer sounds. Release S2. The LED's should keep flashing for around 30 seconds & the buzzer will sound for the same length of time. After which the machine should revert back to pre-selection mode. Run a new wash program & see what happens (check if the water heats at around 30mins into the cycle).

thanks zipper, will try that in a few mins - its making hot water though - plenty 'o steam when i open it up and u-bend is warm on the drainage side.

If it is heating then the 6 flash error is a red-herring. Clear all alarms in the Eeprom & run a wash program.

just started a wash prog.

the way to clear the eprom (i hope), was just slightly different.

I tried it as you said but got the usual 6 bleeps, then i tied it but after the S1 and S3 together did the S2.

all the lights on the display went on/off with accompanying beep for 30 secs then it went back to the normal starter display.

only adding these facts to help you help others with the same model. Even if it turns out not to be fruitful, i am incredibly grateful for your help.

on a normal cycle, stopped after 30 mins again, still the 6 beeps repeatedly, inside and u-bend were hot.

Hmmm....Can you go back into diagnostics & read the present alarm code after the Eeprom was cleared? Is it still 6 flashes in diagnostics as well?
This error could have several causes; i.e. Heating element defective, safety thermostats tripped, open circuit heater wiring, faulty NTC sensor, insufficient water circulating, faulty wash motor/impeller, or a defective pcb. I think we can safely rule out the first 3 items. Does the water level look ok? are both spray arms rotating (during a wash cycle open the door, set the spray arms pointing towards you, close the door, then open after a few secs to see if they have changed position). If necessary perform a reset first by pressing & holding in buttons S2 & S3 until all the LED's flash & the machine resets.

the diagnostics still give the 6 beeps message.

water level looks ok, 10 mins into a cycle - both arms are definitely moving.

Try changing out the NTC sensor. They only cost a £5 so there isn't much at stake. Go here http://www.shop.electrolux.co.uk/node535.aspx Type in 911935627 in the model search & select rev 04 in the model list. That brings you up a series of drawings & part lists. You can find the NTC under electrical items. Alternatively type 50299357009 in the parts search. If replacing it doesn't help I think I would suspect a pcb fault. To get access to the NTC lie the dishwasher on its back & take off the baseplate. Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back