AEG dishwasher 6 beep alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw there was a similar post from 2010.

Mine is a FAVORIT55011VI
PNC 911935619/05

Problem: all programs except 30min stop mid-way. The LED on the door with a horizontal arrow pointing to a vertical line flashes 6 times in a row and give a 6 beep alarm. This is not in the manual nor in the troubleshooting on AEG website. For the ECO program this happens at 30 mins into the program.

Water is hot, both spray arms are turning during the part of the program that is performed.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Sponsored Links
I saw there was a similar post from 2010.

Mine is a FAVORIT55011VI
PNC 911935619/05

Problem: all programs except 30min stop mid-way. The LED on the door with a horizontal arrow pointing to a vertical line flashes 6 times in a row and give a 6 beep alarm. This is not in the manual nor in the troubleshooting on AEG website. For the ECO program this happens at 30 mins into the program.

Water is hot, both spray arms are turning during the part of the program that is performed.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Ive just gone through this issue, first I thought it was a thermostst sensor that had failed, so I changed that and it didn't work ! Next stage was to strip down PCB box and I found scorch marks on the board https://www.dropbox.com/s/nuytt4nqmufn0vm/2014-03-02 10.29.30.jpg

Not sure now whether or not to buy new board at £170 or new machine

Hmm, I'd probably go for a new machine... Does your also do only the 30 mins program? If you change the board and that works it's be great if you would let me know.

Yes just runs for 30 mins and then the 6 beeps.
I'm going to send my PCB board for repair at QER, been quoted £50 if it works great, if not, then I think its a new machine. Dishwasher is only 4 years old and this seems to be a common problem, I wont be buying AEG again.

Sponsored Links
Same here, ours is from 2009 (we "inherited" it with the kitchen in the home we bought) but indeed not likely to buy AEG again.
Do please let me know if QER repair solves the problem, in that case I might go through the trouble to take it to the UK for repair. Here they'd ask that much just to come and see what's wrong with it.
Could you also explain to me how you got to the board?

Its quite simple, look at this

Only difference is that the PCB on the AEG is on the left hand side. I took a photo of the leads that attach to the board with my phone so that I knew which order to refit them. Took about 10 mins to get to the board and spot the scorch marks, shame I wasted the £25 for the heat sensor !

Thanks! indeed rather simple.
So you ordered the whole board at QER and you'll replace it? As I said, I would be very grateful if you let me know if that solves the problem.
Good luck!

Hi

No, I took out the old board and sent it away to QER. They changed the heater relay and sent it back to me. Popped board back in and now dishwasher is fixed. Total cost with postage and VAT was almost £50, much cheaper than a replacement board.

Another quick question: our machine also does not stop the program when we open the door? Did you also have that problem? i.e. is it related to the heat sensor or is that a separate issue?
Thanks again, ready to go to QER! We took the PCM out.

Best of luck with QER, did you see any scorch marks on the relay ? I think the door problem will be a seperate issue.

Yes exactly like the ones in the picture you posted, just a bit worst! :)

Yes I think the door will be a separate problem. Let's see what QER can do.

Thanks again for all your help.

I had the 6 time led flashes issue on our 10 years old AEG Electrolux Favorit 40560 (no display).
The program stopped in middle, the dishes had the detergent on them, but they were hot and dry.
After a little bit playing with the test functions (relay test, fill up pump test, heating test etc.), I noticed that when there is sufficient amount of water in the machine, the water simply starts to boil inside, whenever the main switch is on.
Then I could already guess that it must be a stuck relay issue. I opened up the electronics, and that was clearly visible that the relay was the issue (the original white case turned to coffee latte color).
I replaced the old 10 amps relay with a quality 15 amps relay (cost was around 3 €), which could perfectly fit to the place of the old one. I did the fix over a month ago, and machine works flawlessly.
Perhaps my comment can still help some AEG Electrolux Favorit owners, fixer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back