aerial elements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am setting up an aerial for my sisters house, its a vision V10-151 CD/W, however on delivery they have given me a V10-13L 4G-800, so not exactly what was described. The only difference is this aerial they gave me has 2 less elements, so rather than the 15 element I wanted they have given me a 13 element. All I want to know is before I ring them is, would these 2 extra elements make much difference? in how the aerial picks up the signal?, or is there a lifetime difference? I have never really fitted aerial, so I don't know a great deal, Is it worth giving them a ring for the sake of this aerial having 2 less elements to the one I was after?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Much will depend on which transmitter serves your area, the signal strength and any factors such as tall buildings and/or trees in the immediate vicinity. It's always worth looking at neighbours aerials, especially if some have recently been replaced. Add to this the changes to broadcasting channel numbers, which are due later this year, and you could come up with the question "How long is a piece of string?" Sorry I cannot help further at this stage.

Specific to these two aerials, the short answer is it doesn't matter.

The V10-151 has been discontinued. The V10-13L is being touted as its replacement. Comparing the two, the newer aerial appears to have a higher claimed gain (12.5dBi vs 9dBi). So despite having fewer elements, the V10-13L has a higher peak gain. In most other respects the specs are very close.

Sponsored Links
Hi, the best transmitter for my area is called "craigkelly" according to uk freetv,so I will try to aim it towards this,I also bought a "fringe" signal finder so this should help me out,I will just keep this aerial, As long as it does the job i'm happy, hopefully it will.
thanks

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back