Aerial/sky cables

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are going to be having some major work carried out to our house shortly and I was planning to run some extra cables to various rooms for future use, either for sky or just off the main aerial.

We currently have normal sky and a main aerial, the cables from both follow the smae route into the house and terminate at the same point in the livingroom. I was planning to run 4 or 5 new lengths of cable, while relocating the 2 existing cables very slighty so that they will run internally between the existing external wall and a new wall for the extension to a cupboard where the sky box, dvd, etc wil be located.

Plan was to leave the cables under the floors/in the walls in 3 bedrooms and study for when I need/want to connect them to the aerial/sky, with the feeds loose in the cupboard.

I also want to upgrade from normal sky to sky+, so will need a second cable from the dish.

Does anyone know if sky will accept a cable that I run from the dish location to where the receiver box is located, for them to come along and just connect it up? If so, what type of cable should I use?

Also, am I missing a trick inw hat I am thinkig of doing? The puupose of the extra cables are to provide a tv feed (either just from the aerial or sky) to the study and also, at a later point when the kids are older to their rooms.

cheers

Sponsored Links
If the cable is in place the sky man will love you! CT100 sat cable is what you want. Don't bend it too sharply or crush it, otherwise it will cause picture break up problems.

drgl - thanks for that - can I use CT100 sat cable for just the signal from the aerial also?

Sponsored Links
Certainly can, sky "engineers" used to be supplied with nothing more than CT100 so would use this for TV eye links too, i have used it on my own freeview digital installation with zero issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back