After Draining CH System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a bit of a blonde moment.....

Last weekend I drained my system and refilled with some Fernox Restorer which I left pumping round for a few days. I have now drained the system again and it says to keep flushing until the water runs clear. Here is my question do they mean to run clear once the CH has been turned on and the water flowed round for an hour or so and keep filling, draining, filling and draining until this happens or once it is empty to turn the filling tap on again and drain all that water out until it is clear?

I'm on about my third go of filling and draining and it still comes a slight yellow colour like there are chemicals in it but there seems to be no sludge or dirt.

I have a combi boiler without any tanks in the house.

Sponsored Links
Enough already :!: Any remnant will nobble the inhibitor you'll be putting in there afterwards to a small extent, but that's all. How many times d'you reckon a plumber would fill and drain? :oops:

ChrisR said:
Enough already :!: Any remnant will nobble the inhibitor you'll be putting in there afterwards to a small extent, but that's all. How many times d'you reckon a plumber would fill and drain? :oops:

Hummm that's what I thought but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back