After fitting new radiator some radiators in CH doesn't work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you please advice. I've just moved radiator to opposite wall, new radiator is double size. I have used the same feed and return pipes (10mm) from old radiator just extended them. After filling the system, removing air, put on the boiler, it appears that 4 radiators from system doesn't work :( . I have standard boiler, water tank on the loft.

Sponsored Links
I shutt all working radiators and 3 radiators started working but the new one still is cold (radiator valves are open, no air) . Hot water stops around 2m before radiator. I have moved new radiator around 2.6m from old one and it is double size. I am considering buying new circulating pump, old one is multihead II 5m. I am not sure if it healps when I will instal multihead III 6m.

Could you please advice.
Thanks

You could try turning the pump speed up to shift it, or.

Shut both valves, take out one the blank or air vent ( tray underneath) attach a 1/2 inch male iron to compression with a small price of copper, run a hose from it to outside, open one valve until ripening, close, and then open the other.

If it's a blockage this should clear it.

Are you sure you have opened both valves at either end of the rad?

Sponsored Links
the pipe was blocked, now working fine, thank you for your help.

yes, I did attached a 1/2 inch male iron to compression and allow to flow the water and air, thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back