Aga gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Just had our local Aga engineer round to service and light our Aga.
He found our gas valve is an old type. A Junkers valve
Turns out its leaking which apparently is very common and most of these valves have been replaced.
My problem is the £700 bill for replacement which is more than we can afford at the moment
The engineer was very helpful and did say that it's an o ring that dries up over time meaning the valve leaks, but the o ring is no longer a stock part as the junkers valve is obsolete.
Does anyone know if the valve can be refurbished or indeed if anyone knows of someone that does this?
Seems like a very expensive job for basically a dried up o ring problem.
There must be a reason why the Junkers has been superseded but if its just the o rings that are at fault it would be nice to get another couple of years out of it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Less than £700 though.
That is true, I was thinking about mentioning it to the engineer but he'll probably advise replacing the whole burner, to be honest if just the upgraded valve is £400 fitted it would make sense to change the lot for £700,
I was hoping for a refurb valve for maybe £200

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back