Leaking Danfoss motorised valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Leaks from around the spindle of Danfoss shoe valves seems quite common. Both of the 2 port valves on my CH system have suffered this problem. The usual advice is to replace the whole valve, but the problem (in my case ) seemed confined to the 'O' ring seals - the spindles and bores were not excessively worn and cleaned up nicely. Danfoss don't supply 'O' rings and won't tell you what size they use in their valves. So I measured the bore and the spindle diameters with vernier callipers and used information from the internet on 'O' ring sizing to determine the correct size: 1.78mm cross section x 6.35mm internal diameter. I used Viton 'O' rings, obtained from Simplybearings.co.uk, lubricated with silicone grease. These worked a treat: no more leaks (so far!). The dimensions are the same for both 22mm and 28mm valves.

Sponsored Links
Never had that problem with Honeywell 2 port CH valves of this type before very rarely fit Danfoss valves. Well done for sorting out the replacement spindle seals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back