AGB hidden hinge adjustment

ODB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is doing my head in. Got an interior door with AGB hidden hinges (I think Eclipse 3.0), and despite mucking around with it and adjusting it here and there, the door won't sit nicely in the frame and fouls on a flooring join/strip.

I'm not a professional, just joe public. Here's a video of what's going on with the door. I almost feel like I need to release tension across the door and start from scratch but I have no idea how to do it.

- It's kind of over-rotated anticlockwise by a few degrees as you look at the door straight on as is you were walking towards it (and it opens towards you)
- Door looks like it's tilted ever so slightly forward towards you from the top (looking at it same, straight on as if it were opening towards you)
- It was at one time working fine. I think the kids hanging off it at some point has shifted it
- There are 3 hinges, top/middle/bottom, each has its own hex key adjustment
- Yeah I've seen the video on how to adjust but the fact that there's 3x hinges in completely throwing me, there must be a trick to kind of 'start from default' or knowhow on how to do it, right?!?

Anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Sponsored Links
I would start by removing the middle hinge first and ensuring that you can adjust it as you would like. That will help to rule out potential damage to the hinges.

• Thanks
Reactions: ODB
Many thanks @opps I never thought of that!

I undid all the screws as I couldn't completely remove the middle hinge but basically took it out of the equation. That gave me a bit more clarity on what needed doing. And now it works great, door no longer fouls on the trim. Wife will not kill me. Brilliant, thank you!

Sponsored Links
Glad to hear that you sorted it out, and thanks for the reply, it may help other people in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back