Aggregate and concrete slab for garage - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi _looking for some advice - we employed a groundworks company to take up our existing shed base 10x12 and lay a new base 17x13 150mm depth for a concrete garage installation.
On trying to break up the concrete shed base the contractor said it was proving to difficult so he would use it as the aggregate and has since marked an area of the new base incorporating the existing concrete slab - He has filled this area with stones and packed it down-to pout the new concrete over the top - however - all i can see are loads of stone as edging - it reminds me of how stones are pushed against a railway line and then when the concrete is poured these stones i guess will still be visible. I was expecting to see a 150mm of slab 9maybe some higher slab to compensate for the difference in height in the garden but I wasn't expecting my finished garage to have a layer of visible stones all around it. I was expecting a nice neat edge of concrete not a slope of stones - the ground worker said he can remove the slope so its more vertical - but I just wanted to check that having the aggregrate above ground is okay _ aside from the fact that it will look ugly!
Hoping someone has some experience in this. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back