Agility 3 I/O module and Inferno Intenso

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but I think you're on a whole other level than me - I'm a software guy unfortunately :(, but I would like to understand how this works.

I can't deduct from the inferno manual wether it's default open or default closed, is that something that should be obvious or is the manual incomplete?
Do I need to connect differently to have tamper protection?
Do I need any resistance(there were 4 resistances in the package)?
I guess the power to the inferno is/can be supplied by the I/O board - right?

Which connector do I connect?

It's a relay ... Use the common and normally open , use the same power supply 12v for both , use 0 v via the relay to activate via the negative input, connect the sab in / out ( tamper ) with a resistor to zone 33 and program as required

Sponsored Links
Ok - I think I didn’t understand that I needed to provide separate power for the inferno, I thought that the I/O module could charge the inferno in addition to triggering alarms

So like this then(ignoring the tamper for now):
1) Buy a separate 12V dc adapter.
2) + 12V DC adapter -> 12V in Inferno
3) - 12V DC adapter -> GND Inferno
4) TRG - Inferno -> U01C I/O expander
5) 12V in Inferno -> N.O I/O expander

Don’t I also need to connect TRG- with GND-?

kopppling2.png

1 power supply 12v will power both units ! Boxed with battery back up or it will not work in a power cut ! Plus the diagram is wrong you are putting 12+ Via the relay to trigger a 0v input ! Use either a 0v or connect to the + trigger input !
Page 6 on the I/O manual it can be powered by 9v AC or 13v DC

Last edited:
Not used the I/O board, the PSU that comes with the I/O it should have the power details on it?

The manual refers to external dc supply, so if you psu was DC, than you could split it at the psu side as long as it can provide enough power ie 0.5 A for the module and at least 150mA for the inferno if I read things correctly.

The inferno is a serious sounder, the warning of wearing ear plugs when fitting should be adhered to. (Not used this either but its supposed to extremely uncomfortable for the intruder).

How much was the inferno its very expensive?

Not used the I/O board, the PSU that comes with the I/O it should have the power details on it?

The manual refers to external dc supply, so if you psu was DC, than you could split it at the psu side as long as it can provide enough power ie 0.5 A for the module and at least 150mA for the inferno if I read things correctly.

The inferno is a serious sounder, the warning of wearing ear plugs when fitting should be adhered to. (Not used this either but its supposed to extremely uncomfortable for the intruder).

How much was the inferno its very expensive?

Yes - I'm definetely going to wear earplugs, but first of all I need to get the wiring right theoretically :). You can get the inferno at just under 5000 SEK which is about 380 GBP or 530 EURO. I just had a break-in and while the intruders more or less where able to stay around 1-1,5 minutes I would like to shorten that time to sub 30 seconds. Fortunately everything was locked in so they didn't manage to steal anything.

not many people over here put them in, I have seen a few videos and the like of it being used but that isn't the same as being in the building with it going off (to realise its effectiveness). Found a few places selling between £300 and £500 ish over here when I looked, so doesn't look like I will save by ordering from across the water.

Nope. Afaik it's a swedish product so it ought to be cheapest in sweden :). I haven't totally decided if it should be activated in home-mode or only in away-mode yet. I planned to put it on the ground floor and all bedrooms are on the second floor...

Tried one about 10 years ago at a college (demo ) to stop the computers getting stolen, they didn't have it as the comment was " they could wear ear defenders "

it isn't supposed to damage the hearing its supposed to be uncomfortable in its presence so I would guess its optional but I would rather be comfortable.

saying that a master blaster in a garage I once tested was uncomfortable but could think enough to stop it but I suspect the inferno is more uncomfortable due it its sound spectrum.

spoken to Risco it comes with a 14.4VDC 1.5A power supply or at least in the UK they do, that should be listed on the front of the power supply you received with the unit, that's enough to power both.

I am guessing it plugs into the board and where it says AC if you measure it there's DC there you can use? Check with a meter first.

Yeah It's DC and plugs directly into the board as the manual says. But the manual also says it's parallell connected to the AC ports so I guess I should be able to charge the inferno from there shouldn't I? But won't the inferno take damage if it's specified to be 12V and the psu is 14.4V?

I'm still lost on the wiring unfortunately :-/ - It's almost greek to me, which it shouldn't be since I had an electronics class in the university(centuries ago). So I'm currently crawling the walk of shame.

wiring_x10.png

In this image - I guess the inferno is the circle with X.
Basically I guess I should connect like this then:

For charging(not denoted in the picture I guess):
GND Inferno -> the negative AC on I/O (I'll have to find it using a multimeter right?)
postive AC on I/O -> 12V in on the inferno

For triggering:
TRG- on inferno -> N.O on Agility
UOC on Agility -> ??? on inferno - (Maybe also TRG- so the short circuit on closed, is that it?)
What do I do with external power?

@sparkymarka - forgive my ignorance, really - I apologize :-/.

First thing .... If the risco I/Oncomes with a plug in power supply get rid and buy a boxed psu with a battery back up this will be 13.8v as most alarms run on this voltage the I/O will be fine and the inferno will be fine on this voltage. You will need minimum 1 x 6 core from your inferno to the I/O and 1 x 2 core from your psu

First thing .... If the risco I/Oncomes with a plug in power supply get rid and buy a boxed psu with a battery back up this will be 13.8v as most alarms run on this voltage the I/O will be fine and the inferno will be fine on this voltage. You will need minimum 1 x 6 core from your inferno to the I/O and 1 x 2 core from your psu

Do I need that for security reasons or because the plug-in psu won't cut it? What does 1x6 and 1x2 core mean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back