Air Admission Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, My upstairs family bathroom and ensuite bathroom wastes are joined together to a single vertical vent stack. As I am refurbishing the ensuite, I was hoping to use an AAV to do away the vertical stack. But as it is only a single stack, I've been told that I wont be able to use an AAV. Is that correct?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can't see why, my en-suite has WC, bath and basin into the stack as well as the downstairs WC with only an AAV it all works just fine.

Just outside the wall where the old stack pipe used to go up to the roof.

Sponsored Links
No I did not create that monstrosity it was there when I bought the house! Never get any smells from the valve entering the window in case you wonder.
15961976459571998818090.jpg

That's why it's there, so you don't get smells at the window. And that's why it's called an air admittance valve. I just worry about all that smelly gas building up in your system with (apparently) nowhere to go

That's why it's there, so you don't get smells at the window. And that's why it's called an air admittance valve. I just worry about all that smelly gas building up in your system with (apparently) nowhere to go
No build up of gas, fresh air is pulled in as the waste products go down the drain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back