Air admitance valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a loft conversion done, and the present vent stack pipe has to go/move. The builder has suggested an air admitance valve instead of making a new hole in the roof.

Can anyone tell me if these valves give any problems, do they work correctly, ie let air in, keep smells from getting out, do they need much maintenance, and are there good makes you would recomend buying.

If they are not recommended I can have a stack going up through the roof, but it would have to go in the corner of my new room - would prefer not to that.

Regards

Colin

Sponsored Links
oops, forgot to ask, how high does the valve have to be above the highest connection to the stack.

Thanks

I had a loft conversion done last year to my bungalow and the BCO would not allow a Durgo valve :(
Not 100% but I think you can only use Durgo on a sub stack.
The soil pipe had to terminate 900 mm above the top of the window level or be run 3 metres away from any window.
Suggest you ask BCO for advice. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back