Air Admintance Valve - Soil Stack Conservatory Solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning to install a conservatory in the next couple of weeks.

As per pic in my album there is a soil stack that will potentially penetrate the roof. To avoid this I was wondering if I could cut the pipe below the new conservatory roof line and install an Air Admitance Valve and avoid the stack penetrating the roof (I could then box the pipe in).

There is currently 1 toilet and a bath connected to the soil stack (not sure if this makes any difference).

Please only advise if you have used one of these valves before - I dont want to go to the hassle of installing the conservatory and then finding out the valve is not suitable and then have to reinstall the pipe and conservatory roof again.

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Building regs (approved document H) says at least one pipe must vent to atmosphere.

So unless you have another somewhere it's a no.

OK......who's gonna suggest just popping a 4" rodding eye straight into the top of the 4" tee and putting a HepVo onto the basin waste ??

Sponsored Links
OK......who's gonna suggest just popping a 4" rodding eye straight into the top of the 4" tee and putting a HepVo onto the basin waste ??

Can you get 3" HepVo's :eek:

It wouldn't meet the regs anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back