Air Admittance Valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an AAV fitted to the soil stack that terminates in my loft. It's a McAlpine VP50P and I've noticed that there is condensation dripping from it.
This is the second one I've had in just over 2 years as had the same issue with the other one.
When I remove the top the sealing ring that keeps it closed is all wavy so is not creating a seal ( have included a pic)
Are McAlpine products not very good or have I just been unlucky and am I better off fitting a different brand?

Attachments

• IMG_20171214_180547.jpg
    IMG_20171214_180547.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 262
Sponsored Links
Usually goodie I was you the new one I'd smear the washer with waterproof grease see how it goes
Bob

is your loft getting extremely hot? you might get some joy from their tech department, you don't want to be forking out 20 quid a time.

Or have you any discharge pipework running into the stack?

Water heaters, unvented cylinder etc

Sponsored Links
Thaks for the replies,
The only thing conneted to the stack is the toilet, bath and sink and. This AVV worked all through the heat of last summer so don't think it's excessive heat in the loft causing an issue.

I'd get in touch with McAlpine themselves and talk to them about it. I'm sure they will want to know about this and will want to understand what's going on.

They are probably the best manufactures I have found for plastic plumbing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back