Air Admittance Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been reading through recent posts on this, but am a bit unclear exactly where to put the AAV, or if in fact I need one. I will have 2 new toilets connected on the first floor like the digram below.

soil2.gif

There is already another toilet on the 2nd floor (soil stacks run horizontally through the house with a drop). As the 2 toilets connectbefore the Basins to the soil pipe, do I need an AAV at the end of the pipe (before the toilets)? If so, where should it be positioned and how high does it need to terminate?

Sponsored Links
No need for AAVs, unless perhaps the WC branches are extremely long. I think you're OK up to 6 metres anyway, but you can check the regs (building Regulations H1) at the Office of Deputy Prime Minister site.

I'd put anti-syphon traps on both the basins in case a piston of waste from the wc's pulls the trap in the basin. COuld also be an issue with a bath, though any waste shared by a basin and bath before the horizontal wc soil bit, would be protected by the one anti-siphon valve (which is an air admittance valve). "Stack" by the way I think always means a vertical pipe like the one outside.
eg
15509.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back