Air bleed valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To make sure my heating is running efficiently I have bled the air from all of my radiators.
I also want to bleed any air from the pipework in the loft. I was able to bleed air from one of the pipes, (either the feed or return) but despite fully opening the other valve no air or water came out. I have tried lubricating, tapping & pulling the square peg up with pliers in the fully open position, but still nothing. The valve is exactly the same as the other. Should I just leave this, will it make any difference? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Why do you have central heating pipes in the loft? Are these running up to an open expansion tank? Are they lagged?

I live in a bungalow where all of the radiator pipes from the radiators go up into the loft. The boiler is in the kitchen, the hot water tank is in the airing cupboard. There are 2 tanks in the loft one to supply the hot water tank, the other is expansion tank for central heating. All of the pipes in the loft are insulated except expansion pipes which usually do not have water in them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back