Replace a rad bleed valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a rad which needs bleeding virtually every week! (image in my album) It's a self bleed valve, I believe, which is not self bleeding anymore. Undoing the flat head screw does not any longer release the air. I have to use a spanner on the nut where the holes are.

This rad did not need bleeding as much when it was able to be self bled via the flat head screw.

Will replacing the whole bleed valve solve the problem?

Thanks
Staro

Sponsored Links
yes you can get the whole valve- something like toolstation 45273 but why does it keep filling with air? have you tried lighting the gas?

Lighting the gas! I don't know what that means!

Not sure. As said, it never used to need bleeding as much when it bled from the flat screw when undone. I'm blaming the whole valve but it could be something completely different.

Cheers

Staro

Sponsored Links
The self bleeders block up for a pastime.

The "air" is likely to be a corrosion product - hydrogen. We see scorched curtains..
Addressing the corrosion, is a longer answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back