air brick another question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in my living room i have a suspended wooden floorboarded floor with air bricks providing ventilation under floring. Now i have layed laminate flooring into the room. Surely now there will be no ventillation in the room do i need to add an airbrick into the wall in living room? Thanx

n.b. gas fire with chimney in the room

Sponsored Links
The underfloor ventilation is entirely there to prevent the suspended timber floor from rotting.

Whether you need additional ventilation in a room will depend on a multitude of factors. Do you have a fire (gas or solid fuel) fire in the room which requires ventilation? Are your windows double glazed, and if so do they have trickle ventilators? What airbricks are there, if any, into the room itself?

think you will find he does have a gas fire with a chimney in the room :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Then you will almost certainly require some additional ventilation. However, I am not going to advise you on how much or where it should be you should pay a CORGI registered gas installer to take a look and advise you.

If you don't have adequate ventilation it could kill.

You will definetely need an air brick. This is normally provided by drilling a veny through the wall above the skirting on an external wall. You will need to get a Corgi Engineer to advise you. A Chimney is not enough as it extracts the fumes and needs make-up arir to work.

Ring the GAs Board (Transco) and they will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back