Air Conditioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently trying to investigate the possibilities for air conditioning in my 3 bed house (S. London). The house is currently heated by warm air ducts, which I have had a quote of £6k to add a condenser and upgrade the fan on the boiler of the existing system to give me air cooling.

The trouble with this is that £6k seems quite a lot to me, and I have also decided that, having used the warm air for heating over the last few weeks I am not impressed with the system and want to change to ufh. I would in that case remove the warm air boiler and use the space it currently takes up for the new boiler.

My question therefore is, is it possible to use the existing ducts and get a new air conditioning only system fitted and therefore get a/c over my whole house.

The reason I ask is that if this is not possible I can then look to remove some of the ducts that are boxed in various rooms and create more living space in my house.

I obviously don't want to go down that route until I know if there is a possibility of using the ducts.

I hope this is clear. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you ask an air con co.

but i would say this

all the air con* i have seen has individual units, one for each room / area.

to use the existing ducting how would you control it for each room?

and if you are sending cold air through a lot of metal (i presume) ducting what about condensation in the ducting

* air con is differnt than ventilation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back