Air Conditioning Vent/Duct System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 bedroom semi detached house. The upstairs gets extremely hot and stuffy in the summer and id like to install air conditioning.

So far ive seen the wall mounted and floor standing air conditioning units, but what id like to know is:

Is there a system i can install in the loft that feeds cold (or warm i suppose) air through pipes and down through vents in the ceiliing to each of my upstairs rooms?

I have searched through Google this afternoon but cannot find anything. It seems like the kind of thing that would be available - i must not be searching using the correct terminology.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Sponsored Links
try "central air" or "whole house air conditioning" or "ducted air conditioning"

Thank you ColJack for your reply.

'Lofty' is exactly what i was looking for from a design perspective - but 3K seems *really* steep, especially as the ducting and vents etc are all on top of that cost.

I could buy individual wall mounted air con units for each room for less, and they'd provide heat as well as cool air. I will continue looking.

If anyone finds another solution please post - i will check back frequently and will do the same.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back