Air conditioning in Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of installing Air Con in the conservatory and wonder if anyone can share their opinions with me. Basically, I wonder what the pro's and cons are over a split system, through the wall system and these type http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3kw-Easy-Inst...m3c9f5420a1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_939 which appear to be coming onto the market these days which are basically flush fit with two vents. I presume in the main it's down to noise, what would be a good rating?? Anyone already got Air Con in the conservatory and can recommend anything in particular, an idea of prices would be helpful. The floor space on the conservatory will be around 22sqm (West facing)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
those shown in the e-bay link ARE throught the wall type.. just better looking ones..
they just have 2 big round pipes through the wall, one for fresh air, one for exhaust..
in the winter the fan is reversed so it blows air in through the hot coil and out through the cold coil.. providing heat..

no idea on the sizing.. I suppose you'd have to consult a heating designer to size it right ( or go by the manufacturers recomended size charts.. they often have them giving room size vs wattage.. )

Heat gain in summer often makes a/c too exspensive to be viable.
My own has blinds, ceiling fan, tinted roof and roof blinds and even when I tried a/c as well the temp in summer was enough to melt candles left in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back