Portable Air con units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

No first hand experience of these small , <12000 btu , portable air con units and from what I have read they are, as single outlet units, not very effective.

Seems if they are fitted with dual outlets, eg hot air out, air in, then they can be more effective.. ? However yet to find any such dual outlet ones available in the uk market.

What I was thinking, and so my question, if the single outlet air con unit was installed in , let say bedroom 2 and a short length of 6" hose was fitted to the cold air outlet and passed though the stud wall to bedroom1 , then bed1 would fill with cold air without drawing in warm air from elsewhere; effectively like a split wall air con unit.

Would this method work ok ?

Appreciate the temp control of the portable would be ineffective, but a remote temp sensor/control box is no problem for me.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the clip.

Perhaps my choice of words for the " cold air outlet" - I meant the front cold air outlet , normally to the room, was 'capped' with the 6" hose and fed though the stud wall into the other room.

Seems there are no true dual hose outlets portable units on sale in the uk, well not in a small unit anyway, but had seen videos where some folk have again 'capped' the rear air intake and attached an inlet hose and used as that clip shows

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back