Air / Gassing / Fizzing in a sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems my sealed system is creating its own air / gas.

Im loosing no water or pressure but seem to get alot of trapped air in the Magna Clean unit.There are auto bleeders in the roof ( bungalow).

I have to bleed it every other day and get about 10 secs of air out of it.

Ive had the system power flused and have added the cleaners and inhibitors.

When I do bleed it the water looks a bit like if you poured lemonade into a glass with blubbles and a cloudy look.

Ive spoke to my plumber and he suggested adding some neutrilizer.As mentioned its been flushed and drained many times.

I dont want to keep chucking money at this in chemical form as the stuff is pretty expensive.

Thoughts and ideas greatly recieved.

Many thanks

FLY

Sponsored Links
I think there are two possibilities.

Was the system thoroughly flushed & neutralised after power flushing, to get rid of the acidic cleaning solution? If the water is acidic, it would be galvanic corrosion, which creates hydrogen and oxygen. Collect some of the gas in an upturned glass and see if it ignites. This would show whether it is hydrogen (lighter than air). Any oxygen would have already been consumed in corroding your radiators.

Ive spoke to my plumber and he suggested adding some neutrilizer.As mentioned its been flushed and drained many times.

I dont want to keep chucking money at this in chemical form as the stuff is pretty expensive.

Why would he suggest adding neutraliser? You'd only neutralise an acid. Me thinks he may know something. Tell him to get back and sort it out pronto.

It may be air, drawn in through the AAVs. Some parts of a system can be under a negative pressure with the pump running, depending on where the pump is and the system's static pressure. Bleed the system, shut the AAVs and see if it happens again.

You need to sort this out or you'll be chucking huge wads of cash at new rads and power flushing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back