air in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a potterton suprima 40 with the latest board in it. Problem I am having is there seems to be air in the system and i cant get it out. Sounds like gurgling sound when the water is being pumped into the boiler. Ive bleed radiotors but still it continues. Could it be that my pump is starting to fail and that is where the bubbles are being created??

many thanks
Scoop

Sponsored Links
HI

try bleeding pump screw if continues then boiler heat exchanger might be blocked up .try descaler for that.

HI

try bleeding pump screw if continues then boiler heat exchanger might be blocked up .try descaler for that.

Thanks for the reply and help. Boiler is serviced every year. Pump screw where can i find that??

Regards
Scoop

HI

on the front of the pump.big flat headed screw.

Sponsored Links
Check you have water in the small F&E tank in the loft. If you have check that there is not a blockage in the cold feed. Do this by attaching a hose to a low drain point and draining off some water. As you are doing this check the F&E tank. It should be filling up at the same time.

If it isn't you have a blockage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back