Air in 1 radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
aargh I have recently installed my own central heating, had the boiler setup and tested by a corgi guy and all was well ! now I find the upstairs rad nearest to the boiler keeps getting air (I think its air) in it. we are talking about 5 - 10 seconds worth of air per day when released. I tried looking for a leak but found none, suspect it could be from the boiler itself somehow, it is a biasi condensing boiler,still under warrant, is there anbody who could give me any help on this please, I am not a plumber by trade.. also will putting leak sealer in do any damage to pump auto air vent or any other items ?

many thanks,

NIck :confused:

Sponsored Links
It is just possible that it is residual air left in the system (probably due to a poorly designed system - particularly main delivery pipework 22mm stoof) Other than that the whole system needs checking over by someone competant - good luck findin one a them!!

If it's a brand new system it could be air that was in the water coming out when it's heated and settling in the near point to the heat source. In which case it will eventually all come out. Perhaps a month? If that's not it, perhaps air is entering at the low pessure point, being the flange on the 'in' side or the pump. so make sure it's tightened properly.

Sponsored Links
Buy a good book on central heating. Try reading the boiler manual it might give you a clue to what you have done wrong. Warranty for boiler probably void now if not fitted to manufactures instructions.

Many thanks for all your suggestions, i will look through manual again and double check for leaks, but can anyone tell if leak sealers that are put into the system are ok or should I stay away from them ?

thanks again,

NIck

Have heard a few bad rumours only - I haven't actually had or seen any problems with them. Really doubt that's your problem though.

thanks for that chris, much appreciated. i did have another thought, if i am able to let air out of this radiator twice a day for about 3 - 4 secondseach time, would a leak allowing this much air in/water out be fairly obvious by a pool of escaping water ? i just occured to me that I have a dead endn run where I have run 2 pipes for a future radiator that are both capped off, could it be air trapped in this pipe slowly getting pushed out ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back