Air in central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

I've had a replacement boiler (alpha CB50) installed about one month ago. There seems to be a lot of air in some (the ones at the highest point of the system) of the radiators. I have to bleed them every other day! I can't find any leaks.

The guy who installed the boiler said that we had a single pipe system, which could be causing the problem ie the air not getting down to the auto air bleed valve in the boiler. He has offered to convert the system to the standard feed and return two pipe system, but I wanted to make sure that this will fix my problem before outlaying any more cash!

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply. The system was open vent, but converted to pressurised when the new boiler was put in.

if the pump is on the return (and before you all jump in they aint all on the flow ) you could have a leak which could be pulling air in :(

Sponsored Links
Might be a stupid question here, but is there an easy way to tell?-

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back