air in CH - no visible leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a conventional open vented system, hot water cylinder, f&e tank in the loft. Our ensuite towel radiator and another upstairs rad seems to be collecting air. I have to bleed these every couple of weeks. There are no visible signs of any water leaks anywhere. I have tied up the ball valve on the f&e tank and left it that way for almost a week and the water level hasn't dropped, so I am fairly confident that there isn't a leak.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Er, where do you start. The pumps fitted the wrong side of the feed an expansion so dragging air in, The feed and expansion are too close together, You've got mirco leaks on the system, (air gets in, water don't get out) Could be alsorts, best bet. Get a professional in :)

Hi, thanks for the reply. Would a dose of leak sealer help if the problem was down to micro leaks.

What a professional do to diagnose the problem?

I have had this before; are the nuts at the top of the towel rad fullt tight (ie the vent and plug ends? I had these not fully fully tight and micro leaks were causing air to be sucked in and the tops of the towel rad and the rad closest to it needed bleeding every few weeks).

Sponsored Links
I have had this before; are the nuts at the top of the towel rad fullt tight (ie the vent and plug ends? I had these not fully fully tight and micro leaks were causing air to be sucked in and the tops of the towel rad and the rad closest to it needed bleeding every few weeks).

Thanks, will have a check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back