Air in Harcopak tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have Harcopak water tanks fitted in my house. When I turn the heating on, roughly every 30 secs there is the sound of air in the hot water tank/pipes surrounding it. This started following a visit from a Gas Engineer, who I called out to repair my boiler, but who was insistent the problem was not with the boiler, but with my 'sluggish' pipes. I don't know whether he touched something that is now causing this problem. Anyway my question is, how do I bleed the system to get rid of the air? Bleeding the radiators does not seem to be having any effect. I have included a photo of my Harcopak pipe work, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your help/advice.

The heating engineer turned the pump speed up 3 from 2, because of my 'sluggish' system. Before I bleed the tank would you suggest that I turn the pump speed back down to 2?

Sponsored Links
Just thought I would let you know, I turned the pump speed back down to 2, and the noise has stopped. I tried bleeding the system, but no air was released.

Once again thank you for your help Mike and clf-gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back