air in radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can any one help, i moved into a bungalow a year ago, my boiler is in the garage at the gable end of the house with a small walk way seperating the garage from the house. The feed and return split in the garage and feed the radiators in the house one set on radiators in the front of the house and the other feeds the radiators in the back of the house, a simple split, The problem i have is the first radiator on each side of the house keps air locking i keep bleeding these on a weekly basis. When the pump switches on for the first time what sounds like is a lot of bubbles rushing through the system, the rest of the radiators are ok the fault lies between the first radiators on each side of the house and the boiler in the garage, being a DIY person could someone tell me what i can do to test for a leak or solve the problem.
Many thanks
Adamb

Sponsored Links
SOunds like a design probem, sucking air in when the pump starts. Can be cause by a blockage due to sludge though. You need a guy to be there to look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back